THE DEVIL’S POOL5 min read

Zambia, Zimbabwe
  1. Home
  2. Zambia
  3. THE DEVIL’S POOL5 min read
Instagram
Tumblr
LinkedIn

VIC FALLS, DAY 3, pt1

If you plan on visiting Victoria Falls then its vital that you go to the Devil’s Pool. Yes you can view the falls from either side of the gorge but nothing will give you the experience like the Devil’s Pool.

A MUST DO ACTIVITY THAT REQUIRED ADVANCE BOOKING

The devil's pool in Zambia, Africa. The devil's pool

ZAMBIA

We are transferred over to the Zambia side to the Royal Livingston hotel and here we jumped on a small boat to make our way to Livingston island. From here we jump into the water and swim our way across to the edge of the waterfall.

VIC FALLS….

  • 75% of the falls is in the Zimbabwean side, and the other 25% in the Zambian side.
  • It is one of the seven natural wonders of the world
  • 500 million liters of water cascade every minute, the equivalent of 200 olympic-sized swimming pools
  • The falls create “moonbows’ which only occurs in two places around the world.
  • A lunar rainbow happens when the light of the full moon hits the falls.

SAFETY

You would imagine swimming across the top of a waterfall to be dangerous but as it’s only possible during dry season it wasn’t as bad as expected. Not only is there a rope to guide you but you are surrounded by rocks and unless you were to jump out and jump off there is really no danger.

David Simpson swimming at Devil's Pool in Zambia, Africa. The devil's pool
Rainbow at Victoria Falls in Zambia, Africa. The devil's pool

TIPS….

  • Bring your passport if you are not already in Zambia
  • Enjoy you qualify to enter Zambia
  • Super important to pre book!!!!

THE DEVILS POOL

The pool was insane, my mum and sister who are not great with heights thoroughly it enjoy it as well. There is little to no danger of going over the edge as you are protected by the rock and the guide who feels it be appropriate to lay across the edge! Dad would have loved it!

It’s important to book as it is very popular. You essentially have the pool to yourselves for 10minutes and, giving enough time to soak it in and take some photos.

David Simpson and family with a local guy at Devil's Pool at Victoria Falls in Zambia, Africa. The devil's pool

FINAL THOUGHTS

This is why you come to Victoria falls!

NEXT UP

Another Bungee and a Microlight above the falls. Click to read

SAFE TRAVELS, DS x
124/229

This post is part of the Southern Africa Series, click to explore or for episode 1 click here.

Question Time

  • Have you been to Victoria Falls?
  • Did you go to The Devil’s Pool?
  • What did you think?

Let me know in the comments below . . .

Send this to someone who might like it
A BLOODIED NOSE, CRACKED RIB AND SAVING A LIFE
A BUNGEE AND A MICROLIGHT OVER VICTORIA FALLS

About the Author

Instagram
Tumblr
LinkedIn

Related Articles:

Got a question, some advice or want to tell me about your experience?

I’d love to hear it . . .

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Fill out this field
Fill out this field
Please enter a valid email address.
You need to agree with the terms to proceed

Menu